This fresh cilantro avocado salad is a fiesta to the mouth! Loaded with black beans, corn, tomato and red onion with a simple lime dressing, cotija cheese, and a sprinkle of spice, it’s filling and fabulous!
- 2 cups cilantro leaves (1 large bunch)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 pound roma tomatoes, chopped (4–6 small tomatoes)
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- juice of a large lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper (or red pepper flakes), to taste
- 1 cup crumbled cotija or queso fresco cheese
- Submerge cilantro in a bowl of clean cold water a few times to clean thoroughly. Let dry between paper towels and then remove cilantro leaves from the stems.
- Place cilantro leaves in a large mixing bowl. Add diced avocado, chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion, black beans and corn. Squeeze lime juice over ingredients in the bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoon olive oil. Toss gently to combine well. Salt and pepper (or red pepper flakes) to taste. Sprinkle with cheese and toss again.
- Serve as a side dish or a main salad. Store in the refrigerator.