Layer after layer of chewy fudgy chocolate cookies with the most addicting peanut butter filling holding them all together! It’s a real treat!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1–1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1–1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar then the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Form 1/2 cup portions of dough into 7 balls and flatten into 6-inch round discs on prepared baking sheets. Form remaining dough into mini balls and flatten to bake and use for garnishing or just to munch on. Bake dough for approximately 8 minutes until edges are just starting to crisp and middles are still chewy. Let cool completely on cookie sheets.
- Meanwhile make the filling. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment, beat the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat on high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Use a large spatula to transfer a cookie to your cake stand or serving dish and spread the top of it with a few tablespoons of peanut butter filling. Keep layering cookies and filling until the cookies are all stacked. Top the cake with a thin layer of frosting and a few of the mini cookies.