Chocolate-Filled Chocolate Chip Pound Cake, a moist & rich pound cake that’s studded and filled with chocolate chips! Yum!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease and flour a ring-shaped cake pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the sour cream. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Then beat in the vanilla and almond extracts. Add the flour and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the mini chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the batter evenly into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining chocolate chips. Spread the other half of the batter evenly over the chocolate chips.
- Place the cake pan on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top of the cake starts to brown too much, place a sheet of parchment paper over the top of the cake until it is done baking.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack or cake plate. Enjoy!