Chewy, crunchy, salty and sweet all in one in these Cashew Crunch Cookies!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cashews (I use roasted, lightly salted)
- more cashews for garnishing (optional)
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, rice cereal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined. Add the cashews and stir until evenly distributed.
- Divide dough into 18 large balls and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly. Top with a few cashew pieces and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies start to brown and crisp around the edges. Let cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.