Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are moist, sweet and perfectly spiced. Packed with carrot, coconut and walnuts, every bite is full of amazing flavor and texture.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded carrots (6 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flake
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2–3 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes, for garnishing
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcakes liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil and applesauce. Add the eggs, one at a time, and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the walnuts, carrots and coconut. Scoop batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cupcakes are set and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Let cool completely in muffin pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until well combined. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until thick and creamy.
- Pipe frosting evenly among the cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle each frosted cupcakes with toasted coconut flakes and chopped walnuts.