A chewy, yet crisp around the edges, chocolate chip cookie is packed with the crunch of salty pretzels and stuffed with a sweet chewy caramel for a sweet and salty cookie combo that is literally life-changing!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2–1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole mini pretzels
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 individual wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and eggs until well combined. Add the flour and baking soda and mix until just combined. Add the whole pretzels and mix on low speed until evenly crushed throughout the dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take heaping tablespoonfuls of dough and slightly flatten in the palm of your hand. Place a caramel in the center of the dough and wrap the dough around it being sure to seal the dough completely. Place dough sealed side down on prepared baking sheets. Garnish with a few more chocolate chips and crushed pretzel pieced, if desired!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are starting to brown and crisp around the edges. Let cool on cookie sheets for at least 10 minutes.