Cheesy biscuits are the perfect compliment to the spicy chicken and vegetable filling in this comforting Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Bake!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery (3–4 stalks)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (2–3 large)
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup chunky blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (2 medium)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter then add the onion, celery and carrots. Sauté vegetables until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken into large chunks. Add the chicken to the vegetable mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the blue cheese dressing and hot sauce. Fold in the cheddar cheese. Pour the filling evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives moving in opposite directions, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in the cheese and green onions. Add the buttermilk and blue cheese dressing and stir until just combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly over chicken mixture. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until biscuits start to brown and filling is bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Adapted from Betty Crocker