Add deliciousness and charm to your soiree with these Bowtie Pasta and Cocktail Meatball Skewers. Savory, saucy meatballs, al dente pasta and sweet, fresh basil make these appetizers an instant hit.
- 20 frozen meatballs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- 20 al dente cooked bowtie pasta
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 leaves of fresh basil
- 20 toothpicks or wooden food skewers
- Heat frozen meatballs according to package directions.
- While the meatballs are heating, combine the ketchup and grape jelly in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir well and allow to come to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in the heated meatballs. Let meatballs simmer in the sauce for about 5 minutes to coat them well.
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain, rinse with cold water and let dry. Toss with olive oil.
- To serve, place one bowtie pasta, one leaf of basil and one meatball onto each toothpick or skewer.