These Blueberry Cake Waffles are crispy waffles bursting with juicy blueberries and coated in a sweet sugar glaze just like a good ol’ blueberry cake donut!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and add 1/2-cup waffle batter to each waffle side. Close and let bake for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp on the outside. Remove to a wire rack set on a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, whisk the powdered sugar and milk together in a shallow bowl until smooth. Take one cooked waffle at a time and dip it into the glaze. Place back on the baking rack, glazed side up, and let the glaze drip down the sides and set slightly.
- Serve immediately. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, simply place on a lightly greased baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 5-7 minutes.