These colorfully-swirled Galaxy Waffles fuel your morning with fun
- 1 package Birch Benders Original Classic Pancake Mix
- 4 plant-based food dyecolors: grape purple, sunset yellow, sky blue and red
- Make pancake mix according to package directions for waffles. (I used the whole package with 2 cups water and 3 tablespoons oil)
- Divide batter evenly into 4 small bowls. About 1 cup batter per bowl.
- Stir 3-4 generous drops of food dye into each bowl so that you have four different colors: grape purple, sunset yellow, sky blue and red
- Preheat waffle maker. Grease with nonstick cooking spray or cooking oil.
- Using a 1/4-1/2 cup measuring cup (depending on the size of your waffle maker), add about 1 tablespoon of each colored batter to the measuring cup at a time without stirring them together, alternating until the measuring cup is full.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle maker and let cook according to instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately or place in a 200°F oven to keep warm until ready to serve.