Countdown to blast off! These Rocket-Shaped Pigs in a Blanket are as delicious as they are adorable.
- 1 package Birch Benders Original Classic Pancake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 12 cooked turkey sausage links
- 12 strawberries
- 36 blueberries
- Birch Benders Keto Maple Syrup
- Yellow Mini Baking Cups
- 6-inch Bamboo Food Skewers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of pancake mix for rolling out the dough.
- Combine remaining pancake mix and 1 cup water in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon and then your hands until well combined.
- Roll the dough out on a pancake mix dusted surface with a rolling pin to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into strips, about a 1/2 inch wide.
- Wrap each sausage links with a strip of dough and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush each pancake-dough wrapped sausage link with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotate the pan and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool to touch.
- To create the rockets, add a blueberry and then a yellow mini baking cup to a 6-inch food skewer.
- Next, add a pancake wrapped turkey sausage.
- Slice the pointed end of a strawberry in half. Attach one half to the top of the food skewer, above the pancake-coated turkey sausage, to create the top of the rocket. Lay flat on a serving platter.
- Dip two blueberries in maple syrup and then attach them to the top to finish off the rocket look.