A cake mix, bananas, applesauce and sprinkles are all it takes to make these fun and yummy muffins for a special birthday breakfast!
- 1 (15.25 oz) box vanilla or strawberry cake mix (just the dry mix, not the ingredients listed in the box instructions)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus more for the muffin tops
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 34 mini muffin cups (you’ll probably need 2 mini muffin pans or can bake them in batches) with liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry cake mix. Stir in the mashed banana and applesauce until well combined. Fold in 1 cup rainbow sprinkles.
- Scoop batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the top of each muffin cup with more sprinkles.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until muffins have risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.