Crisp, buttery tortilla, seasoned filling and melty cheese make this Beef and Bean Sheet Pan Quesadilla an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love!
- 13 (8 to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
- Softened butter, for greasing the pans
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat the inside of a 18×12 rimmed sheet pan with butter, making sure to cover completely.
- Lay 10 tortillas on the sheet pan, starting with the corners and overlapping a bit to cover the entire pan, leaving about two inches hanging over the edge of the pan.
- Brown ground beef and then stir in the taco seasoning and refried beans. Stir to combine well.
- Spread ground beef mixture over tortillas in the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese.
- Lay three tortillas down the middle of the pan. Fold edges of the tortilla left hanging over the pan to cover completely. Use a toothpick to hold the edges in place, if needed.
- Butter the bottom side of a second rimmed sheet pan. Remove the toothpicks and place on top of the tortillas, buttered side down, pressing it down just a bit.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove top sheet pan and let bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown all over the top.
- To serve, cut into squares and serve with your favorite quesadilla toppings.