Made with pantry staples and some overripe bananas, you can have these delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins in the oven in minutes!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar then the egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking soda. Fold in the mashed bananas until just combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each prepared muffin cup almost full with batter. Garnish the top of the batter with some more chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake muffins for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.