Bake sliced zucchini into crispy chips for a healthier summer snack that everyone will love!
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- kosher salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together flour and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt in a shallow bowl. Lightly beat eggs together in another shallow bowl. And then in a third shallow bowl, stir together panko, parmesan, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt.
- One zucchini slice at a time, dip it in the flour mixture until completely coated then shake off any excess. Transfer to the beaten eggs and dip until completely coated and let any extra drip back into the bowl. Then dip into the panko/parmesan mixture until evenly coated. Place on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices. Spray zucchini chips with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake on the top rack for 20-25 minutes, flipping them over after 10 minutes, or until the coating starts to turn brown and crisp. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Serve with a thick dressing or hummus.