Crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, these Baked Sweet Potato Fries are a flavorful, fresh and healthier alternative to plain old French fries.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut off the ends of the sweet potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then cut into sticks that are about 1/4 to 1/2-inch wide and about 3 inches long. Place them in a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic powder, paprika, kosher salt, black pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper for spice, if desired. Toss the seasoning mixture with the sweet potatoes until evenly coated.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then remove and turn the fries. Return to the oven and continue to bake until the sweet potatoes are browned and crisp on the outside and tender inside, about 10-15 minutes longer.