Super crisp oven-baked Sweet and Salty Potato Chips made with a mix of salt & peppered regular potatoes and sweetly seasoned sweet potatoes. Irresistible!
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place two baking racks on rimmed baking sheets and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Clean each potato well by scrubbing the outside under cold water and dry well. Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, slice each potato into 1/8-inch thick slices and lay out on a paper towel to pat try.
- Add baking potato slices to a large resealable bag along with 2 teaspoons olive oil and shake to coat potato slices in the oil. Add salt and pepper and shake to coat until all slices are evenly coated. Spread potato slices into one layer on one of the prepared baking racks. It’s okay if the edges of the potato slices touch.
- Add sweet potato slices to another large resealable bag along with 2 teaspoons olive oil and shake to coat sweet potato slices in the oil. Add brown sugar and cinnamon and shake to coat until all slices are evenly coated. Spread sweet potato slices into one layer on the other prepared baking rack.
- Place baking sheets in the oven and set oven to heat to 300°F. The potato slices will start to bake as the oven preheats. Bake potatoes for about 35-45 minutes or until crisp all the way through and golden brown across the tops. Rotate pans every 15 minutes throughout the baking time.
- Let potato chips rest on the baking racks for at least 10 minutes to cool and continue to crisp before serving.