Crispy sweet and tangy chicken wings baked to finger-licking delicousness with a simple honey mustard glaze and sauce for dipping. So great for game day!
- 1.5 pounds chicken wing drumettes (about 12 drumettes)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Honey Mustard Glaze & Sauce:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, garlic salt and black pepper in a resealable gallon-sized plastic bag and shake to mix. Add chicken wings, seal and toss until well coated in the flour mixture. Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet rack and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Dip the wings into the butter mixture one at a time and place back on the baking sheet rack. Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and they’re crispy on the outside, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the honey mustard glaze. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, yellow mustard and spicy brown mustard until smooth and of drizzling consistency. Remove 1/2 cup of the glaze mixture to a separate small mixing bowl and whisk it with 1/3 cup mayonnaise to make the dipping sauce. Place the dipping sauce in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove the baked wings from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before dipping each one in the glaze and coating it completely. Place wings back on the baking sheet rack. Return wings to the oven for 10 minutes to let the glaze caramelize onto the coating of the wings.
- Serve with the honey mustard dipping sauce.