Make creating an impressive and delicious appetizer for your guests easy with this Baked Brie with Fig Jam board. Savory, with hints of sweet fruit and crunchy nuts, it’s perfect for fall gatherings or even a cozy night in.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) round Brie cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons fig jam
- 2 fresh figs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Thyme sprigs, for garnishing
- marcona almonds
- dried apricots
- Honeycrisp apple, sliced
- Tiger figs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- On a cutting board, unroll the crescent dough and firmly press perforations to seal.
- Using a mini cookie cutter, cut 10 leaf or flower shapes out of each end of the crescent dough and then trim the dough ends so that it is even.
- Place the brie cheese on the center of the dough and top with the fig jam.
- Chop the figs so you have about 10 small pieces. Press the fresh fig pieces into fig jam.
- Pull crescent dough over the top of the brie wheel and bunch together, leaving a round opening on top with the figs and fig jam peeking through.
- Transfer the brie to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and 1 tablespoon water. Brush all over the dough with the egg wash.
- Place mini cut-outs around the opening of crescent dough and brush with egg wash as well.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the baked brie from the oven and let set for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving board or platter.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and serve alongside crackers, nuts, dried apricots, apple slices, and fresh figs.