For a cozy family breakfast or hosting Sunday brunch for a hungry crowd, my Bagel Board makes a flexible, creative, and delicious meal.
- 2 plain bagels
- 2 honey whole wheat bagels
- 2 everything bagels
- 1 cinnamon raisin bagel
- 2 blueberry bagels
- 1 poppyseed bagel
- 12 slices baked bacon
- ½ cup watermelon chunks
- 8 strawberries, quartered
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated
- ½ cup cantaloupe chunks
- 2 kiwis, sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 1/2 cup plain cream cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberry cream cheese
- 1/2 cup honey butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- Start by baking the bacon and keeping it warming in a 200°F oven while you prepare the board.
- Wash the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and set aside to dry.
- Peel and slice the kiwi. Peel and separate the mandarin oranges. Quarter the strawberries. Cut the watermelon, cantaloupe and pineapple into chunks, if you didn’t buy it pre-cut. Slice the red onion and drain the capers.
- Slice the bagels in half, and layer them down the center of a 36” x 12” wood board.
- Fill small bowls with plain cream cheese, strawberry cream cheese, strawberry jam, honey butter, hazelnut spread, peanut butter and a little jar with honey and place them on the board.
- Fill bowls with prepared watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, oranges, kiwi, blueberries, and raspberries and arrange them on the board.
- Add the sliced red onion and capers to small bowls and place them on the board.
- Arrange the warm baked bacon in the top left and right corners of the board and the sliced smoked salmon in the bottom left and right corners of the board.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Keep a toaster handy for those that would like to toast their bagels.
- Good fresh bagels don’t have to be toasted. Some people actually prefer their bagels not toasted.
- Pre-slicing the bagels in half lets each person enjoy ½ of a bagel at a time rather than committing to a whole bagel. We’ll enjoy one flavored ½ bagel one way and then another flavored ½ bagel a completely different way.