Keep the fridge stocked with these Bacon, Spinach and Tomato Egg Bites for a quick, delicious, protein-packed breakfast. Tangy feta, ripe tomato and fresh spinach make these breakfast bites small but mighty.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped into bits
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs until smooth and bubbly. Add the salt, pepper and milk and whisk well.
- Whisk in the chopped spinach, bacon bits, diced tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese until well combined.
- Use a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to spoon the mixture into the prepared mini muffin cups, filling each one almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are set and edges start to turn golden. The bites will rise up out of the muffin cups while baking, but they will settle back in after they are removed from the oven. After removing from the oven, let them set in the pan for 5 minutes before gently running a sharp knife around the edges and lifting each one out.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, cover them with a damp paper towel and heat them in the microwave on 50% power level for 20-30 seconds.
- They can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Just let them cool completely and store them sealed in a freezer safe bag or container. To serve, let them defrost in the refrigerator overnight or heat them in the microwave on defrost mode for 1-2 minutes.