This Apple Cider Sangria is the perfect make-ahead cocktail to serve at a fall gathering. It’s easy, festive and absolutely delicious!
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup orange liqueur (triple sec or Cointreau)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (pinot noir)
Garnishing Ingredients (optional):
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon sticks
- Place the sliced apple and orange in the bottom of a large pitcher. Add the apple cider, orange liqueur, orange juice and bottle of red wine. Gently stir it all together and let it set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. The longer it sits, the stronger the flavor of the drink. Before serving, add ice to fill the pitcher.
- To serve with a cinnamon sugar rim around the top of each glass, start by whisking together 1 tablespoon granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Rub a slice of orange around the rim of each glass. Dip the rim into the bowl of cinnamon sugar and twist to ensure even coverage.
- Fill each glass with ice and then pour the Apple Cider Sangria into it. Garnish with a few apple slices and a cinnamon stick, if desired. Cheers!