7-Layer Cornbread Casserole is a large pan of cornbread topped with everyone’s favorite 7-layer dip for a winning game day matchup or any day get-together!
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1–1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1–1/2 cups prepared guacamole
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large rimmed sheet pan with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, milk and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Spread batter evenly into prepared sheet pan, using a spatula that’s been coated in flour or a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Bake cornbread for 12 minutes or until set and starting to turn a light brown around the edges. Let cool for 15 minutes before layering remaining ingredients on top.
- While the cornbread is cooling, brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat with the packet of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Once the meat is cooked all the way through, remove from heat and set aside.
- Start by spreading the refried black beans over the top of the cornbread, leaving the edges of the cornbread exposed. Spread the guacamole over the black beans and then the sour cream over the guacamole. Spoon the ground beef mixture over the sour cream and then sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Top the cheese with the pico de gallo and sliced olives and then finish it all off with the chopped green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!