Just 5 ingredients to make this healthy loaf of banana bread that’s moist, oaty and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, in the order listed, and blend until smooth and well combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. (Garnish the top of the batter with thinly sliced banana, if desired) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool completely in loaf pan. Store bread in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
3 medium bananas is about 1-1/4 cups mashed banana or 1 pound.
Oven temperatures vary so just make sure you test it with a toothpick to make sure it’s baked all the way through. Mine usually takes right at 30 minutes, but others have said theirs takes closer to 40-45 minutes.
Try not to over-blend the batter as this will cause the oats to warm and start cooking into oatmeal which will prevent the loaf from baking with a bread-like texture.