These festive & tasty star cookies would be the perfect ending to your 4th of July feast!
- 1–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 24 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Form the mixture into 3 small balls and knead each one until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a ball of dough to 1/2-inch thick. Use a star cookie cutter to cut into stars. Place them 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies are set. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, blend the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Carefully spread icing evenly over each cooled cookie. Slice each strawberry slice in half and arrange on the cookies pointing outward. Place three blueberries in the center of each cookie.