In Basics by The BakerMama, I teach you how to roast a head of garlic to bring out the slightly sweet, caramelized garlic flavor you love so much.
- 1 large head of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice about ¼ inch off the top of the head of garlic to expose the tops of the garlic cloves.
- Drizzle olive oil generously over the exposed garlic cloves and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the bottom of the garlic head in foil, leaving it to where the exposed garlic cloves are not covered.
- Place the foil-wrapped garlic head on a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow baking dish.
- Roast until caramelized on top and the cloves are soft when poked with a toothpick, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let the garlic cool slightly and press on the bottom of a clove to squeeze it out.