If you love pickles and potato chips, you are going to absolutely love these. The sour crunch of the pickle combined with the salty crunch of the potato chips makes them irresistible. I bet you can’t eat just one!
The great State Fair of Texas just kicked off here in Dallas and with the state fair comes ridiculous amounts of everything deep-fried. We’re talking fried cinnamon rolls, fried butter, fried mac & cheese, fried jambalaya, fried soft drinks, fried bubblegum. I mean, where do they come up with some of these?
Well, in honor of the state fair and the fried feast it has to offer, I decided to share a new take on one of my favorite fried foods. The fried pickle!
For the recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1(16 ounce) jar thick pickle slices
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- ranch dressing for dipping
- Turn oven broiler on high. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs then whisk in flour. Add garlic powder and pepper. Mix well.
- Place crushed potato chips in a shallow dish. Dunk each pickle slice into the egg mixture, then dredge it in the crushed potato chips.
- Place coated pickles on a rack set above a baking sheet and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place pan in the middle rack of the oven. Broil for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve right out of the oven with ranch dressing. These are best eaten right after you bake them as they pickles dry out over time.