Finally found a homemade hummus recipe that’s better than any store bought. Easy to make and tastes so great!
- 2 15-oz cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- juice of two lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin, optional
- scallions, minced parsley and toasted pine nuts, optional garnish
- pita bread for serving
- Place first eight ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Check for seasoning and add more garlic, lemon or salt, as desired.
- To serve, spread on platter in a thin layer and garnish with toasted pine nuts, scallions and fresh parsley. Serve with pita bread.
Will store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
To toast pine nuts, put in a single layer on a sheet pan or cookie sheet, place in a 350-degree oven for 7-9 minutes.