These adorable Ornament Brownie Balls are such a fun and festive holiday treat!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla candy coating
- festive sprinkles
- 24 chocolate coated caramel candies (such as Rolos)
- 24 mini candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips until completely melted, about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in the sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring until well combined. Stir in the vanilla and then the flour until well mixed. Pour evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, but the brownies are still fudgy. Do not over bake. Let brownies cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once brownies are cooled, use a spoon to dig up the middle of the brownies, leaving the edges to snack on later! Roll two-tablespoon portions of fudgy brownie into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes so brownie balls will harden.
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions. Using a fork, dip each brownie ball into the candy coating until it is completely coated. Place on a greased cooling rack or parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with festive sprinkles. Let set completely.
- Using the bottom of a candy cane, make a small well in the top of each chocolate-coated caramel. Then, dip the end of the candy cane in a little candy coating before standing it up in the well. Let set completely.
- Dip the bottoms of the chocolate-coated caramels into the candy coating and attach one to the top of each brownie ball. Let set completely before serving.
- Notes: If candy coating starts to harden while decorating the brownie balls, return to the microwave for 15-30 seconds to melt again.