Crumbled cornbread layered with veggies and Ranch dressing for a tasty salad that’s party perfect!
Remember that delicious Sweet & Simple Cornbread recipe I shared with you on Tuesday? Well, as promised, I’m showing you how you can use half of it to make this crazy delicious salad!
I served this Cornbread Salad in individual jars alongside barbeque at a little party last weekend, and talk about a hit! Everyone went on and on about how cute and yummy they were.
The salad is pretty quick to layer together and super easy to serve and eat at a party or large family gathering. You could also layer all the ingredients in a large salad bowl for everyone to scoop right out of.
We love this cornbread salad and hope that y’all will too!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 (1-ounce) package Ranch salad dressing mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ skillet Sweet & Simple Cornbread, crumbled
- 3 cups lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded 4 cheese blend
- 6 thick bacon slices, coked & crumbled
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 (16-ounce) canning jars, if serving the salad in individual jars
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, mayonnaise, and contents of the salad dressing mix. Chill until ready to use.
- Crumble half of a skillet of Sweet & Simple Cornbread into a bowl. Prepare the remaining ingredients for assembly.
- Start by filling a jar with a few spoonfuls of the crumbled cornbread. Top with a handful of lettuce followed by some chopped tomatoes, corn, blacks beans, shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Spoon a thin layer of dressing over the bacon and spread to cover. Repeat another layer starting with the cornbread and ending with the dressing. Top with some chopped fresh parsley. Repeat layering process with remaining jars. Tie a cute ribbon onto the top of each jar and serve!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.