Big, thick, chewy, peanut buttery cookies with lots of gooey chocolate chunks!
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat peanut butter, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drop dough by golf-ball sized balls, 1 inch apart, onto baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
If you want smaller cookies, roll the dough into 1/4 cup sized balls. This will make 24 cookies.
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies: Replace the 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour with 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour and increase the peanut butter to 1-1/4 cups.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies: Use either whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour, increase the peanut butter to 1-1/4 cups, and add 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats before you stir in the chocolate chunks.