These Bursting Blueberry Biscuits are deliciously sweet biscuits that are bursting with blueberries!
Get ready for some awesomeness! I created these sweet biscuits for Bryce & Barrettt’s 1st birthday brunch and they were such a hit that I had to bake them again to share the recipe with you!
They are bursting, I mean bursting, with fresh blueberries giving the biscuits this natural sweetness and tartness that’s simply irresistible!
These biscuits are an experience you will want to have again and again! The sweet crispness on the outside combined with the chewy blueberry filled inside will have you hooked at first bite!
Let me show you how easy they are to bake!
I hope you make and enjoy these Bursting Blueberry Biscuits soon! When you do make these and post to social, be sure to tag @thebakermama. I absolutely love seeing you enjoy my recipes!
Deliciously sweet biscuits that are bursting with blueberries!
- 2 cups Gold Medal® self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening or softened unsalted butter
- 2–1/2 cups blueberries
- 1–1/4 cups buttermilk
- more sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and sugar. Cut in the shortening or butter until coarse crumbles form. Gently fold in the blueberries until well distributed and coated in the flour mixture. Stir in the buttermilk until a thick and sticky dough forms.
- Drop heaping scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each biscuits with a pinch of sugar. Bake for 25-30 or until they are set and start to turn light brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before eating or transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.