These beignet-style biscuits will quickly become a family favorite for a special breakfast or an afternoon treat!
- 3–1/2 cups Gold Medal® Better for Bread™ flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast (2–1/4 teaspoons)
- 1–1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, butter and egg. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the cream mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Form dough into a ball and place in a large buttered bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured surface, gently press dough into a 1/2-inch thick square. Using a dough cutter or sharp knife, cut into about 42 small squares and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet about 1/2-inch apart. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm with chocolate sauce or honey.