These Biscuit Beignets will quickly become a family favorite for a special breakfast or an afternoon treat!
Y’all! I’ve combined my love for biscuits and beignets into these cute little baked treats that are simply irresistible! For this southern girl, they’re a dream come true!
The texture is a cross between a biscuit and a beignet. Not as flakey as a biscuit or as doughy as a beignet, they’re a little crisp on the outside, nice and tender in the center, and have a scrumptiously sweet chew throughout. The powdered sugar makes them super sweet and a dip in chocolate makes them extra special!
They’re so easy to bake and will get rave reviews from everyone you serve them to!
Serve them with some warm chocolate syrup or a drizzle of honey and watch them disappear right before your eyes! So so yummy!
Bake a batch right away…I guarantee they’ll sweeten your day! Enjoy!
These beignet-style biscuits will quickly become a family favorite for a special breakfast or an afternoon treat!
- 3–1/2 cups Gold Medal® Better for Bread™ flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast (2-1/4 teaspoons)
- 1–1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, butter and egg. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the cream mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Form dough into a ball and place in a large buttered bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured surface, gently press dough into a 1/2-inch thick square. Using a dough cutter or sharp knife, cut into about 42 small squares and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet about 1/2-inch apart. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm with chocolate sauce or honey.