Creamy, crunchy mozzarella cheese sticks that are baked instead of fried. Your whole family is sure to devour these the minute you take them out of the oven.
What’s your family’s favorite appetizer to order when you go out to eat?
I would bet most of you said fried cheese sticks. They are just one of those appetizers that almost everyone at the table is sure to love!
Well, how about I show you how to bake your own cheese sticks from home that can be served up anytime you want? These Baked Mozzarella Sticks are just as scrumptious, if not better, than the frozen, fried ones you will get at most restaurants. And I’d venture to say they are a bit healthier too!
For the recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 12(1 ounce) mozzarella string cheese sticks
- ½ cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Remove string cheese from individual packaging and cut each stick in half widthwise. Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place flour in a quart size plastic bag. Remove string cheese from the freezer. Add cheese sticks to the bag with the flour and shake to coat.
- Beat egg whites in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix panko with the rest of the dry ingredients. Dip one cheese stick at a time into the egg whites and then the crumbs. Dip into the egg whites again and then the crumbs again, pressing them to help them adhere. It will be messy, but try to cover the cheese completely. Arrange cheese in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is soft. Serve immediately with warmed marinara sauce.