In this Basics by The BakerMama: How to Cook Sunny-Side-Up Eggs, I teach you the tried-and-true method to frying eggs with perfect, runny yellow yolks.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Large eggs
- Kosher or sea salt
- Gently crack each egg into its own small prep dish. Take care not to break the yolk.
- Spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray and place it over medium heat.
- Carefully pour each egg into the hot skillet, giving them plenty of space between each other so they don’t touch. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the egg whites are set. If necessary, cover the skillet for a minute to help cook the egg white.
- Gently slip the egg onto a plate or serving platter. Take care not to break the runny egg yolk.
- Season with a sprinkle of salt and serve immediately.
If not serving immediately, keep warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.