In Basics by The BakerMama, I teach you how to make homemade croutons for your soups, salads, and snacks. These easy-to-make crunchy cubes take simple meals from good to great!
- 1 crusty baguette, cut into ¾ inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the cubed bread with olive oil until coated evenly. Sprinkle in the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gently toss until well combined.
- Spread the seasoned bread cubes into a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and crispy, gently flipping the croutons halfway through, about 15 minutes total.
- Let cool completely and use immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.