In Basics by The BakerMama, I teach you how to hard-boil eggs so they’re picture perfect for salads, snacks, and delicious deviled eggs.
- 6 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there’s an inch of water covering the eggs. Sprinkle the water with ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to a roaring boil over high heat.
- Turn off heat, cover and let set for 10 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove each egg and transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking further.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Hard-boiled eggs are easiest to peel under running water.