Feed and please a hungry crowd with these tasty baked tacos that are full of turkey, black beans and lots of melted cheese. Easy to make, simple to serve and awesome to eat!
One of my favorite things to do is take a meal to friends who have just had a new baby. Having had a few babies ourselves ;), we know all too well how amazing a home-cooked meal (by someone else) can be when you’re sleep-deprived and caring for a newborn (and maybe even other little ones). It’s one less thing to worry about and the family stays well-fed. Such a blessing.
One of my go-to meals to take to families with new babies, are these baked tacos. Everyone loves them and always ask how they’re made. I take a big pan of these baked tacos along with some guacamole, pico de gallo, lettuce, black beans & rice and chips. What a meal!
Crunchy taco shells are filled with seasoned turkey and black beans and topped with lots of shredded cheese before being baked to melty crunchy deliciousness. Topped with some fresh lettuce, pico de gallo and guacamole, these tacos make for an awesome hand-held meal.
They’re so easy to make and I love that you can make a lot of them at once, if necessary. You just cook the ground turkey with the taco seasoning and then stir in the refried black beans and some whole black beans. Fill each taco shell with some of the turkey-black bean mixture and place them in a rimmed baking dish.
Top each filled taco with lots of shredded cheese…
And let your oven do the rest…
Oh my yum!!! Serve with your favorite taco toppings…
Winner, winner, taco dinner! Whether it’s Taco Tuesday with the fam, a big fiesta with friends, or a meal to take to others in need, these baked tacos are terrific. Enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 cup canned whole black beans
- 10 stand & stuff taco shells
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mexi-cheese blend
- shredded lettuce, pico de gallo & guacamole, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9x13-inch rimmed baking dish/pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground turkey and break up the meat with a spoon. Cook until meat is cooked all the way through, 4-5 minutes. Drain grease off meat, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add taco seasoning mix and stir until turkey is completely coated in seasoning. Stir in refried black beans and 1 cup whole black beans. Remove from heat.
- Spoon about ⅓ cup turkey-black bean mixture into each taco shell and place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the inside of each taco with 2-3 tablespoons shredded cheese. Place tacos in the oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and just starting to brown in spots.
- Serve tacos with lettuce, pico de gallo, salsa, guacamole or any of your favorite taco toppings.