Get your chocolate fix with this Triple Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake that will wow the crowd for any special occasion!
This recipe comes from my sweet friend Jocelyn’s cookbook: Cheesecake Love! And it’s AMAZING! Jocelyn blogs over at Inside BruCrew Life where she shares amazingly creative and oh so delicious sweet treat recipes that you and your loved ones are sure to enjoy!
I used to say cheesecake is not my favorite dessert, but thanks to Jocelyn’s Cheesecake Love cookbook, I’m a changed woman. Seriously! Jocelyn is the cheesecake queen and thanks to her inventive and approachable recipes, I’ve successfully made several of her cheesecake recipes and have fallen in love.
As I was drooling over all of the recipes the first time I browsed through this cookbook, I immediately started questioning why in the world I haven’t fallen in love with cheesecake up to this point in my life. And now I know the answer to that question is that I haven’t had a good homemade cheesecake. All of my cheesecake experiences have come at restaurants where I was just never that impressed or satisfied.
Homemade cheesecake is the way to go! And it’s much easier to make than you’d think. Don’t let the ingredient list or steps intimidate you. Thorough instructions lead to success and Jocelyn’s Cheesecake Love cookbook sets you up for success! I speak from experience…
This Triple Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake is so great to make for a dinner party or for that special person in your life that loves chocolate and cheesecake.
An Oreo cookie crust is the base for the creamy, dreamy chocolate cheesecake that’s then topped with a white chocolate mousse and drizzled with a thick chocolate topping. Chocolate lovers rejoice!
I’ve made this cheesecake twice now because we all loved it so much!
If you’re a cheesecake lover, you need this cookbook! It’s got everything from full-size cheesecakes to cheesecake bites and even breakfast cheesecakes, oh my!
Thanks Jocelyn for sharing your love for cheesecake with all of us! I’m so happy to have your cookbook handy so I can cheesecake all the things for years to come. 😉
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 tablespoons heave cream
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Place a large rimmed baking sheet on the very bottom rack of the oven and fill it halfway with water. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- For the Crust: Place the cookies, cream filling included, in a food processor. Pulse until the cookies are crushed into crumbs.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and butter. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- For the Cheesecake: Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar, sour cream, and vanilla and beat until very smooth.
- Spoon in the melted chocolate and beat until incorporated completely. Add the flour and beat again.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Make sure the eggs are fully incorporated, but do not overbeat the batter.
- Pour the cheesecake batter onto the prepared crust. Place the pan on the oven rack right above the pan of water. Bake the cheesecake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Let the cheesecake cool for 5 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the edges of the cheesecake to loosen it from the springform pan.
- Let the cheesecake cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate it for 4 to 6 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Detach the springform pan ring and gently remove the cheesecake from the pan. Slide the cheesecake onto a plate.
- For the Mousse: Beat the cream cheese and vanilla until creamy. Spoon in the melted white chocolate and beat the mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the Cool Whip with a rubber spatula until everything is completely mixed together. Pipe the mousse on top of the chilled cheesecake with a piping bag and icing tip 1M. Refrigerate the cheesecake for one hour to let it set up.
- For the Topping: Place the cream and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds. Stir the chocolate until melted and creamy. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cheesecake.