Baked sweet potatoes loaded with Greek goodness for a healthy meal that’s fresh and full of flavor.
If I had my say around here, we’d have these Greek loaded sweet potatoes for every meal. Wait! I do have my say around here, so guess what guys?! It’s Greek loaded sweet potatoes for lunch and dinner from here on out. 😉
Seriously though, I’m head over heels in love with these sweet potatoes. Everything about them. They’re easy, healthy, fresh, filling and so full of flavor.
A simple baked sweet potato is made extra scrumptious after being topped with hummus, tabbouleh, red onion, tomatoes, chicken, feta and tzatziki. So much yumminess going on…
I had no doubt these would turn out great, but oh my yum, they blew us away. We couldn’t put our forks down the first time I made them. Even our boys will eat them…yesssss!
I’ve made these Greek loaded sweet potatoes so many times over the past month and we’re still not tired of them. The perfect summer meal! Enjoy!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup garlic-flavored hummus
- ¾ cup tabbouleh, store-bought or homemade
- ¼ chopped red onion
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup tzatziki sauce, see recipe below
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup fresh cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Clean sweet potatoes and pierce each one several times with the tines of a fork. Place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender all the way through, about 45 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, make tzatziki sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. Stir in the cucumber. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once sweet potatoes are baked, place them on a serving plate and slice down the middle. Smash each half down with the back of a fork. Layer toppings on each sweet potato half in the following order: 2 tablespoons hummus, 3 tablespoons tabbouleh, 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons halved cherry tomatoes, half of a chopped cooked chicken breast, 1 tablespoon crumbled feta and 1 tablespoon tzatziki sauce.
- Serve & enjoy!