Just 3 ingredients and 30 minutes is all it takes to make these cheesy crunchy chicken nuggets that the kiddos will go crazy over!
Like most kids, my boys are obsessed with goldfish crackers. They could eat a whole big box of them every day if I would let them. I do keep them around for special snacks, but I have to keep them hidden or else they would see them and be begging for them all day, every day! I don’t blame them; they’re awesome and addicting!
My boys also love chicken nuggets! They could eat them every day for lunch and dinner and be begging for more. We definitely eat our fair share of Chick-fil-A, but I also like baking chicken nuggets here at home for a healthier fix to their chicken nugget obsession.
A few weeks ago, I asked Baker what he wanted for dinner and he said “goldfish”! Of course, he did! I told him we don’t eat goldfish for dinner, so he then requested chicken nuggets. I wasn’t in the mood to haul them all to Chick-fil-A, so I decided to bake some at home and asked Baker if he wanted to help. He’s quite the little helper in the kitchen and it makes me so so happy!
We didn’t have any panko on hand so I had to get creative and before we knew it, Baker was crushing goldfish to coat our chicken in. He was thrilled! Chicken nuggets coated in goldfish are like a dream come true for him! 😉
Little pieces of chicken coated in creamy ranch dressing then covered in cheesy goldfish cracker crumbs before being baked to juicy crunchy perfection!
These easy little nuggets were such a hit with the boys and myself! I couldn’t stop eating them! So so yummy!
Just 3 ingredients and 30 minutes gets you a great dinner that everyone will love! With 3 little ones in the house, I’ve always got these ingredients on hand so I can have them ready to eat in no time.
I pretty much won my boys over forever with these tasty little nuggets! Future daughter-in-laws don’t stand a chance! 😉
They’re a win win for everyone! Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 (6.6 ounce) bag goldfish crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken in the ranch dressing. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush the goldfish in a large resealable baggie. Shake excess dressing off each piece of chicken and place into the bag of crushed goldfish. Seal and toss chicken in the crushed goldfish until each piece is completely coated.
- Place nuggets evenly across the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and goldfish crumbs start to toast. Serve with more ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.