These witch hat cookies are a fun and easy treat for Halloween! All you need are Oreos, Hershey’s Kisses and some licorice.
It’s almost Halloween! Yikes! All the parties and festivals have snuck up on me and so I frantically started thinking up treats to make and take to this and that.
I’m all about keeping things as simple as possible these days. I just don’t have time for the complicated crafts and detailed desserts. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the super cute and creative things I see on Pinterest and in my Instagram feed around the holidays, but I just don’t have the time or energy right now. One day, when my kiddos are fending for themselves, I’ll put my creative juices back to work and whip up lots of crazy cute goodies.
During this season of life though, I need fast and easy yet still fun and cute. And if the boys can help me in the process, even better…
These witch hat cookies are just so easy and turn out pretty darn cute!
My boys are obsessed with them and are so excited to take them to a few parties we have this coming weekend.
We’ve made them in a few variations. You could make one version or all three as the assortment looks pretty cute on a platter at a party. All you need are Oreos, Hershey’s Kisses and some red and/or black licorice.
Version 1: chocolate creme Oreos, milk chocolate Hershey’s kisses & a strip of cherry pull ‘n’ peel Twizzlers cut to fit around the bottom of the kiss.
Version 2: pumpkin spice Oreos, pumpkin spice Hershey’s kisses & a piece of black licorice cut to fit around the bottom of the kiss.
Version 3 (aka the easiest version of all!): Halloween Oreos and milk chocolate Hershey’s kisses.
Just twist the Oreo in half, press the Hershey’s Kiss into the center of the side with the filling still on it and cut a piece of licorice to wrap around the bottom of the kiss. No hocus pocus involved in making these witch hat cookies! A little fun and you’re done.
- Oreos (chocolate creme, pumpkin spice or Halloween)
- Hershey's Kisses (milk chocolate or pumpkin spice)
- Licorice (cherry pull 'n' peel Twizzlers or black licorice)
- Twist an Oreo in half. Use only the side with the filling still on it. Gently press the Hershey's kiss into the center of the filling.
- Cut a pice of licorice to fit around the bottom of the kiss. Gently wrap and press the piece of licorice around the bottom of the kiss. Repeat process to make as many cookies as you need.