Adorable and delicious bite-sized apple pies make for a fun little fall dessert!
Oh me! Oh my! I made mini pies…again!
Well, now, I’m proud to introduce you to Apple Pie Bites…
I mean, just look at them! The cutest little pies you ever did see, right?! And you can eat them with your hands! Oh happy day!
Double-crusted two-bite pies filled with sweet juicy apples and topped with a sprinkle of sugar make for a fabulous fall treat that everyone will want to eat!
Fun to make and fabulous to eat! My family went crazy about these little bites of apple pie bliss and have already added them to the dessert menu of our Thanksgiving feast. Such a great recipe to feed and satisfy a crowd.
So go apple picking and get to baking! You’re gonna love these cute and crazy delicious little apple pie bites!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped McIntosh apples, about 4 large apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Topping Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ cup sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until just combined and then beat on medium speed until the dough is thick and starts to come together.
- Take one tablespoon of dough at a time and flatten it between the palms of your hand. Press into and up the sides of one of the mini muffin cups, letting some of the dough hang over the top of the cup. Repeat until all cups are filled with pie dough.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped apples and stir in the vanilla. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add the sugar mixture to the apples and stir to coat. Let set for 5 minutes. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of apples into each pie crust, filling each one overly full.
- Take almost one tablespoon of the remaining dough and flatten it in the palm of your hands. Place it over a mound of apples and press around the edges to seal the bottom crust to the top crust then the tuck the crust in and make sure the top is smooth with no cracks in it.
- Take a sharp knife and cut 4 small slits into the top of each mini pie. Brush each pie with some melted butter and sprinkle generously with sparking sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top crust of each pie is golden brown. Let pies cool completely in the pan. Run a sharp knife around the edge of each pie top before gently lifting and removing it from the pan.