A large pan of cornbread topped with everyone’s favorite 7-layer dip for a game day or any day get-together great!
It’s football season and that means our Saturdays and Sundays are spent at the game or watching all the games on TV. We’re a football lovin’ family!
It also means, we’re making lots of game day grub to munch on before, during and after all the games. We’re a food lovin’ family too! 😉
7-layer dip makes an appearance at our tailgate and watch parties quite frequently, as does cornbread. So I decided to combine the two along with some ground beef for an awesome casserole that’s tasty and filling.
Everyone loves it! It’s easy to serve and easy to eat. The hearty cornbread creates a perfect base for all the layers of dip and the addition of taco meat makes it a great meal-in-one.
It’s super easy to make as the cornbread takes about 12 minutes to bake and after it cools for about 15 minutes, you can layer it up and serve it right away!
Besides game day, I’ve also made this for an easy weeknight dinner and I’ve taken it to a potluck with friends. It’s been a winner every time!
Add this 7-layer cornbread casserole to your next get-together menu and get ready for some rave reviews!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1-1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1-1/2 cups prepared guacamole
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- ¼ cup chopped green onions, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large rimmed sheet pan with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, milk and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Spread batter evenly into prepared sheet pan, using a spatula that’s been coated in flour or a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Bake cornbread for 12 minutes or until set and starting to turn a light brown around the edges. Let cool for 15 minutes before layering remaining ingredients on top.
- While the cornbread is cooling, brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat with the packet of taco seasoning and ¼ cup water. Once the meat is cooked all the way through, remove from heat and set aside.
- Start by spreading the refried black beans over the top of the cornbread, leaving the edges of the cornbread exposed. Spread the guacamole over the black beans and then the sour cream over the guacamole. Spoon the ground beef mixture over the sour cream and then sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Top the cheese with the pico de gallo and sliced olives and then finish it all off with the chopped green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!