Blended strawberries, bananas and blueberries layered and frozen into pops for a fun and healthy summer treat!
Happy 4th of July weekend! I hope your weekend is off to a great start!
We’re headed to Oklahoma to celebrate with my family and we’re so excited about all the food, fun and fireworks to come!
It’s going to be so hot, as it usually is on the 4th of July in Oklahoma, so we like to have lots of fresh fruit and cool treats on hand to beat the heat with. The kids love popsicles! They’d eat them all day if we’d let them, so I decided we’d make our own this year and of course, I had to make them festive for the 4th!
Little do they know these pops are made with pure fruit and they LOVE them! Strawberries for the red, bananas for the white and blueberries for the blue. So fun and yummy yum!
If you’ve never made your own pops, you should! They’re so easy. For these pops, I just layered blended strawberries, bananas and blueberries in little paper cups (freezing for about 45 minutes between each layer) and then froze them overnight (or at least 6 hours until firm). Then I just cut the paper cup to peel it off and tada! Perfect red, white and blue pops…
They’re super healthy and so refreshing that I’m planning to keep our freezer stocked with them all summer. Such a great poolside treat!
WOW! your crowd with these festive pops this 4th of July! Everyone will love them!
Happy 4th of July! Here’s to a fun and safe holiday. Happy Birthday America!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (about 2 cups), cleaned with stems removed
- 4 large yellow bananas, peeled
- ½ pint fresh blueberries (about 1 cup), cleaned
- 6 (9 ounce) paper cups
- 6 wooden pop sticks
- Spray six (9-ounce) paper cups with non-stick cooking spray and place in a rimmed cake pan or baking sheet that will fit in the freezer.
- Blend the strawberries in the blender until smooth. Pour evenly among prepared cups. Freeze cups for 45 minutes.
- Blend bananas until smooth. Pour evenly on top of frozen strawberry layer. Freeze cups for another 45 minutes.
- Blend blueberries until smooth. Pour evenly on top of frozen banana layer. Freeze cups for another 45 minutes.
- Remove and gently insert pop sticks into the center of each cup, pressing it through the blueberry layer and into the banana layer. Place cups back in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- To remove cups, make a small cut in the side of the cup and peel it off. Enjoy!